Perry’s legal background
Over 36 years of general civil and appellate practice real estate litigation, title insurance defense, and bankruptcy litigation. Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1992.
- Licensed attorney in Texas since 1981.
- 36 years of active trial and appellate practice in civil litigation.
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law since 1992 by Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Served as Adjunct Professor of Texas Pre-Trial and Trials and Appeals at Texas Wesleyan University School of Law.
- Texas Wesleyan University, B.S. 1978.
- Texas Tech School of Law, J.D. 1980.
- State Bar of Texas.
- Elected to State Bar Appellate Council (2017).
- Co-Chair, Oral History Committee, Appellate Section, SBOT.
- Licensed in all federal district courts and bankruptcy courts in Texas Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, and United States Supreme Court.
- Member, Dallas and Tarrant County Bar Associations.
- Past President of Tarrant County Bankruptcy Bar Association.
- Judiciary and Legislative Committee Member, Texas Land Title Association.
- The Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas.
- Top Rated Lawyer – American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell (2013).
- Certificate of Appreciation, Texas Wesleyan School of Law Clinic (2011).
- Outstanding Attorney, West Texas Legal Services (1990).
- Practitioner of the Year, West Texas Legal Services (1986).
- AV Preeminent peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell.
- U.S. Navy Commander (Retired), serving in Operation Desert Shield/Storm (1990-91), Operation Enduring Freedom (2001-03) and Operation Iraqi Freedom (2007—08). Bronze Star for service in Iraq.
- Board Member, Alumni Association, Texas Wesleyan University.
- Active Member, Society of St. Vincent De Paul.